Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First Time for everything I guess


This blog will be for venting about politics, discussing my hobbies and family, and generally for anything I want to get off my chest.

I am 55-years old, in charge of a small manufacturing factory in Western Indiana (Terre Haute) and enjoy small pleasures. I paint, collect, and play games with military miniatures, and will be displaying some of these as I finish each set.

The photo of the ancient Indian war elephant is a good example of the type of figure I collect (although, I recently sold this one on e-bay).

I am currently working on a set of game rules to play a game simulating ancient battles. Working title is IMPACT and MELEE. The rules will be simple and quick to learn and allow for the use of figures mounted for other games to be used.

I intend to publish through www.LULU.com.


I currently have "A SIMPLE CIVIL WAR GAME" about Gettysburg available through them (in full color) that includes the game rules (16-pages), and Order of Battle for Gettysburg (32 pages) and 8-full color sheets of top down views of painted miniatures soldiers of the Civil War. Just copy these pages, cut out the playing pieces, and you can learn to play until you have miniatures painted.


That's it for now - see you soon

No comments: